Monday, August 27, 2012

YSA Conference in Krasnoyarsk, Russia

After a red eye flight from Moscow to Novosibirsk, I didn't even spend one night in the mission home before we were off traveling! We took an overnight train to Krasnoyarsk for a tri-mission YSA conference. It was my first time on a train! We were running late and had to lug a bunch of luggage up and down like 4 flights of stairs to get to our track, but we made it! I slept in a private coupe and felt like I was on Harry Potter. The countryside was gorgeous...especially a stretch of hundreds of beautiful dachas (Russian summer homes) with beautiful gardens. I tried to take a picture, but since we were on a moving train...it didn't work out too well, sadly.





The conference was held by a beautiful lake!






The highlight of the conference was definitely the baptisms of two amazing girls from Kazakhstan in the lake. One was planned, and then the night before, my parents and I were able to teach the other girl and she decided she was ready as well! Words can't describe how amazing the whole experience was. I felt like a missionary again...and there is no joy quite like it. We had over a hundred people walk to the beach with us and witness the baptism.









  
There were dances every night. The first night was disney themed. I had a blast dancing with my Pops! I think everyone was impressed with his moves. He's a rockstar.




I loved meeting these wonderful members in Russia! They were all so so sweet to me and so patient with my Russian, even translating for me :) It made me so grateful to have so many amazing members my age in Provo that I get to see all the time. These members only get together like this once a year. They all live thousands of miles apart and some ride trains for 3 days to get there.




Here's the whole group! 


And another overnight train home...




1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

Looks amazing! I love that you are keeping up on your blog while you are there. So jealous of your adventures. Miss you.