Monday, August 13, 2012

this one time I was in Munich...

So I got my first stamp in my passport yesterday in Munich, Germany! We were only there for 3 hours, and we didn't leave the airport, but I'm still claiming it. :)

One funny story...Mom was watching my bags for me so I could go use the restroom. I found some that were for one person only (a personal WC as they call them) which is all good, EXCEPT they didn't have those helpful little stick figures. They only had the words for "man" and "woman" in German...which I am not familiar with. I had a good guess of which was which, but I wasn't sure. There were a bunch of people around speaking German...so I didn't want them to know that I was an ignorant American...so I decided to wait and watch someone go in one of them and then I would know. Turns out no one else was going in, and I had waited way too long before I decided to walk a little further down the hall. Alas, there were larger bathrooms complete with stick figures. Crisis averted. Good times.

Also, my mom sneezed in front of one of a stewardess who then said, "gesundheit!" We decided that was bucket-list-checking-off-worthy...sneezing and having someone tell you "gesundheit" WHILE IN GERMANY. We're pretty legit like that.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Oh boy. I only hope I can have a German tell me gesundheit when I'm in Germany someday. You lucky fox, you!