Monday, August 27, 2012

MOSCOW

My blogging of this trip has been an epic fail. I'm so behind. I may or may not catch up. We will see...but for now, let's talk about Moscow.

Let's be honest, I was only in Moscow for a couple hours, and only in the airport. BUT it was legit. Why? Well you see, as we were coming down the escalator, a sea of red and white was below us. The entire Russian Olympic Team was just returning from London! It was quite the sight. What blew me away was how young some of them looked! And check out the guy on the top left, SO TALL! I was the annoying American tourist snapping pictures:


When I saw these three girls taking a picture with someone, I knew I wanted one! It was my first time seeing a gold medal (or any color for that matter) in person. Dad told me a phrase to say in Russian to ask for a picture (можно?) and it worked! I think they thought I was weird, but oh well! While we waited for our next flight, we googled all the Russian gold medalists to figure out who they were. Pretty sure they are rhythmic gymnastics. Cool experience!




1 comment:

Tracy Mills said...

Ahhhh!!! So jealous! That is the coolest.