Tuesday, July 31, 2012

frustrating? yes.

So this blog post is just a rant. I thought if I typed it I wouldn't be so frustrated. Don't feel obligated to read this long, detailed story.

So I am currently on hold on the telephone. This gives me a couple minutes to blog about what it has taken me to get to this point to talk to an actual person and accomplish my task. Goal: reserve a public pool for an upcoming ward party. Simple task, yes? Or at least you'd think it would be simple. But no. I look up the pool online and it gives me a number to call to reserve the pool for a group party. I dial the number. One of those recorded messages comes on with about 8 different options (you know, like: "For information on ____, press 1." and so on and so forth). I patiently wait for my option to pop up, but it doesn't. Finally at the end it says, "For information on (the pool I needed), please hang up and dial ___-___-___." So what do I do? I dial this new number. This time there is another recorded message, but instead of options, it's just a LONG message giving every little detail about this pool. Finally at the END of the message it says, "To reserve a group party, please hang up and dial...(the FIRST number I tried).

I hang up and ponder what to do next. Not really having any other options, I called the first number again, listened to the whole message AGAIN hoping I missed something the first time. Nope. Hmmm...so I tried the 2nd number again. This time I felt like an idiot. You know those things that says, "How do you keep an idiot entertained for hours? Turn this over." (Turn over.) "How do you keep an idiot entertained for hours? Turn this over." Yeah I felt like that.

After I was sure I hadn't missed any options to talk to a real person, I called the FIRST number AGAIN and just tried pushing numbers that were about other things, hoping to talk to a real person who could redirect my call. Any real people to talk to? No. Only voicemail. So I googled "group parties" with the name of the pool and a THIRD number popped up. So I called it and I could put on hold. So then I started typing this. Since then, I talked to a real person! But, this person told me the other person who could REALLY help me with what I wanted is unavailable...so she will call me back. Yup that's the whole story. Super annoying.


The upside? I now know just about everything about this public pool. If your child is not potty-trained, you MUST purchase a swim diaper for him/her for $1. This was made very clear on BOTH messages. I even know how much money you will save if you purchase a punch card. So at least the last 10 minutes weren't a total waste, right?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Although you are frustrated, this was a funny post and I love your frustrated faces. I love that you documented this... it is what blogs are all about. :)

Janelle said...

Hahaha! Thanks for letting me take some pleasure in reading about your pain Liz :)