Tuesday, July 17, 2012

cat dissection?

So I'm having one of those days where you realize there IS going to be life after grad school and that perhaps you should think of future plans just a LITTLE bit. So I was searching for faculty position openings around the country to get an idea of what's out there. I found one that looked pretty interesting, and I was reading the qualifications to see if I am, in fact, qualified. You know how it goes: "PhD in life sciences...CHECK...teaching experience...CHECK...well-versed in the biological sciences....CHECK...(and just when you're starting to feel really good about yourself, 'man I could actually get a job!!')...experience with cat dissection...WHAT THE?? CAT DISSECTION??" Yup, interesting field I am in isn't it? Let's just say I have ZERO experience dissecting cats.

3 comments:

michtay said...

Well, just set some food out on your porch tonight and you could probably get a few cats to start coming around. Just pick your least favorite and get to work. (But don't tell anyone, it's probably not considered legal, don't worry, it will be our secret)

Tracy Mills said...

ha ha ha. Too funny. We have enough strays around our parts that you should be able to get some practice in. :)

Priscilla said...

I agree with Michelle's comment. I'm sure there are some unsavory cats roaming around Provo. I would also make sure that they don't have any tags. Nothing would be worse than telling some folks that you sliced open their cat's abdomen.