Thursday, September 29, 2011

is it creepy that i people watch?

well here i sit in the library doing my take home test for physiology. don't worry i've actually been VERY productive the past 2 hours (i'm quite proud) and am now treating myself to a 5 minute break.  i just wanted to comment on how fun it is to people watch. call me a creepster...but i enjoy it.  i will illustrate by describing some of the fascinating scenes in front of me:

1) girl at her computer with headphones on...ROCKING out to her music without making a sound. that's right...she's lipsyncing very enthusiastically.  quite entertaining. i wonder what she's listening to... now i know what i look like when people in the next car over see me at a stoplight

2) then there are the people who have fallen asleep in amazing positions...head back on the couch, mouth open...on the keyboard of their laptop....with head on their hands with elbows on the table (very impressing how balanced they are)...then of course my fav: those who are TRYING not to fall asleep but you can see the head bob happening. i love the head bob. you know...they start to fall asleep...head starts to fall forward...and when it does it jolts them back awake....then you see the determined face "i will stay awake!" when just 30 sec later the cycle starts again.  i once tried to video a head bobber in a physiology class...but it looked like i was videoing the lecture and i felt like a nerd and stopped.

3) then my fav.  i'm sitting on a couch between the entrances to the men's and women's restrooms.  they both have a big yellow sign on them saying the restroom is closed (unfortunate for me since my allergies have been off the charts this week and i'd really like to blow my nose).  sooo for the past 2 hours I've gotten to watch people come up, stop suddenly, read the sign, then turn away...then look back to doublecheck they read it right...then walk away. ok now i know this doesn't sound very funny...but if you watched it over and over again it would get entertaining to you too.

4) i ran into a girl i used to teach piano lessons to about 7 years ago! turns out she's a student here! who knew? just another experience (in addition to running into a girl i used to babysit and then one of my EFY kids from years ago that said "aren't you graduated yet???") that makes me feel old :)

well my 5 minute break is up!

1 comment:

Preston and Angie said...

Haha. Love you Liz! And everybody people watches even if they don't realize it. It's highly entertaining. And then you have to wonder who's watching you? hehe. Anyway, just a thought. I'm good at those ;)

Remember how I was on the phone with you when you ran into your EFY girl (on my birthday!)? Yeah, thanks for calling! It was fun!