Saturday, September 3, 2011

GOING BACK HOME!

Well my dream was finally realized and I was able to take a roadtrip back to Seattle!  I have now been home from my mission for TEN MONTHS (crazy to me) and I finally made it back. It was amazing how much it felt like home. Part of my heart will always be in Seattle and with the people there :)  I am SO glad my dear friend and former companion Diane was able to come along...it made it much more fun and meaningful.  She survived being with me all day every day for 6 days so our friendship passed the test!! (I know we were together 24/7 on the mission, but I'm sure then the Lord was helping Diane look past my weirdness) It was kind of strange being back in mission boundaries TOGETHER yet not being missionaries.  We had to document a couple things like SWIMMING IN THE LAKE since we never could before! Thank you to everyone who was so kind and let us stay with you or fed us meals or just let us back into your homes! The one hard thing was there were so many MORE people I would have loved to see and spend a lot more time with. I guess that just means I will have to return soon :) Don't think I have forgotten you. You know, you always wonder if people will remember you...because I remember everyone so well...but I know I was just one missionary out of MANY. So thank you for remembering me! LOVE YOU ALL!!

 14 hours flew by because it was such a party!



 Pike's Place Market!

 the famous gum wall


 one of the 100 jumping pictures we took (don't worry i'll spare you)

Lake Sawyer! we got to get in this time. Thank you Wellborn Family! 

with Maddie and little Max in the paddle boat 

Mario Kart with the Streights. pretty intense...i don't think Dan ever beat me :) 

STREIGHT FAM!

 More Maple Valley friends
 what a fun group!
 Some of the women we want to be like when we grow up :)

 Sister Nelson!

 the cute blonquist family in their home (aka our 5 star hotel)

 after lunch with lindsay!

my first ferry ride! 

 a stop at the Allens as we drove through Idaho

 we had high hopes of hitting all the temples along the way...too bad they were ALL closed

 Diane was an amazing windshield cleaner at all our pit stops. check out the lovely bug guts

 the Allans! Now there's a place that feels like home :)

 delicious lunch with the Tsangs!

 THE LARKINS! 
President had to leave before the picture...but since it was for a meeting with Elder Perry,
I guess we'll excuse him.

 she's taller than me now!

 sister morriss! our mission mom :)

 LOVE the Allen Family

 classic Bustamante/Martinez picture

Alaina and I!

BBF's :) LOVE YOU DI!
Thanks for flying to Utah just so you could jump in a car for 14 hrs with this crazy girl.

I just realized how many people I forgot to get pictures with.  Sad. But you're probably glad...because let's be honest, I just posted a boatload of pictures that you probably got bored scrolling through.  

CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEXT TRIP HOME TO SEATTLE!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh how we LOVE you girls as well! Thanks so much for visiting us!