Saturday, January 21, 2012

yeah, i can hook you up

So my new calling is the institute cochair...translation: i go to institute every week and get class started by asking people to pray, play the piano, etc.  This Wednesday, I was fulfilling my duties as usual. So I walked up to a guy sitting on the front row and said, "how's it goin'?" He stuck out his hand to shake mine and said, "good. I'm Riley." "Hey Riley, nice to meet you! I'm Liz. Would you feel comfortable saying the opening prayer for us?" "Yeah no problem."  Awesome. No big deal.  So I get class started....my new buddy Riley says the opening prayer.  Afterwards, Steph turns to me and says, "Did you ask him to pray?" "Yeah." "Do you know who that is?" "Riley?" "Liz, that's Riley Nelson!" haha BYU's quarterback! Who knew? I certainly didn't know what he looked like close up, sans football helmet and pads.  Maybe you had to be there, but Steph and I laughed for a good 3 minutes (quietly of course because we're super reverent) at my ignorance. good times. so if you need an in, me and riley are tight.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Such an awesome Liz moment! I love it! I miss you but I'm glad you have fun friends to share your moments with!

michtay said...

Liz, you are cool.

Amy said...

That. IS. AWESOME!