Sunday, January 22, 2012

gov't...you're off the hook

so back in december, i received this little postcard in the mail...a little postcard that said i had to pay TWO HUNDRED TEN DOLLARS to renew my car registration.  as a car owner of only one year, i was not expecting this :( i spent a good hour ranting to annie about how dumb it was... "what do they use the money for anyway???"

well...i just finished filing my taxes...and i'm getting a refund WELL over two hundred dollars. so i decided that for now i'm a happy camper and i won't rant anymore. government, let's call it even!

so of course...me being the funny that i am...have already started plotting what to spend this unexpected money on (yes i forgot about tax refunds until today!!).  recently i have a travel bug...so i immediately began looking up prices of plane tickets to exotic places like:.san antonio (cute nephew and niece live there...oh and my amazing sister and bro-in-law), seattle (my other home), boston (my lab friends hannabeth and kelly live there! a trip there would be so fun), florida (to visit angie and preston!), washington DC (i have always wanted to go there), and new york (ditto).  Well the jury is still out on where i will go...or if i will go. or maybe i'll use the money to take roadtrips in my sweet car that can get 40 mpg on a good day.  how about a trip to oregon to see michelle and janelle (who both moved away from me...or will be in the near future) and then hit seattle while i'm in the neighborhood.  Or i could drop by california again to play with Diane and go to the BEACH.  or i could hit up colorado with abby and ryan to play rancher and ride horses.  or annie and i could take a huge roadtrip across the US just to say we did.  or steph and i could go down to st george and vegas a bajillion times when we need to escape.  or i could drive down to mexico like sara and i plotted...just to say we've left the country. OR perhaps if i found a REALLY good deal, it would be enough to get me to korea, or mongolia, or japan to see my dear mission friends.  or maybe i'll just stop by europe on my way home from visiting ma and pa in siberia. okay now i'm just dreaming...but hey since it's midnight, i feel like the world is at my fingertips!

OR maybe i'll grow up and be responsible and just save the money.... hmmm..... .....NAH!

pretty sure san antonio is at the top of the list!! i need to see my little ella bay again before she gets too big. :)

well that's enough daydreaming for one night.  another school week here i come :) most the time, i'm perfectly content traveling to the cell culture room and back!

4 comments:

Jeff and Kathryn said...

I know the feeling! Just about daily I think of places I want to go! Also, I find the best deals on Kayak.com searching flexible dates (maybe you do too).

Jessica said...

I hear Herriman is pretty exotic this time of year!

J Hayley B said...

If you came to NYC you would have a free place to stay of course! Just saying...

michtay said...

I think you can figure out what my vote would be :) We will be there in August, so you can just come any time after that and then stay for, oh i don't know, 4 years?