Monday, October 11, 2010

miracle week!

miracle week!

Hello everyone!! Wow, it's been a miraculous week here! It started out kind of crazy: S kind of disappeared after we put her on date last week. It's very obvious that all kinds of opposition entered the picture. She wouldn't respond to calls from us or her member friends. Finally we caught her at home one day and knocked until she answered :) She said she'd been sick all weekend (she has MS) and that her phone hadn't been working (which may or may not have been true) and she started to dump us. But we just hugged her and talked with her and she felt the spirit again! She came to a RS activity on Friday and we had a church tour afterwards. She came to church yesterday and LOVED it! I'm still a little nervous because ever since she was MIA, she hasn't seemed as sure about Oct 30th. She says she's "waiting for her confirmation." We have a lesson with her tomorrow night at a member's home, so pray for her :)

Then yesterday, the biggest miracle! We'd been fasting for people ready to be baptized in October. After Sunday School, a woman (who I'd met about a month ago but assumed she was a member) came up to the teacher and said, "I'd like to be baptized. How to I got about that?" He directed her to us of course! She said she took the missionary lessons a year ago, she's been coming to our ward for the past 3 weeks (her sister-in-law is in our ward), she stopped drinking coffee a month ago, and she stopped smoking a few days ago!! Isn't that a miracle!?! Wow. I can't even explain how I felt. I knew she was an answer to prayer. She said she wanted to talk to her family about the date, but we have a lesson tonight so we will make it official! We are thinking October 23rd :) It' just amazing. There truly are people prepared all around us and we don't even know it.

Also, there is a 14-yr-old boy (mom is a member, dad is not) who has been coming to church for a couple months now. He's really active in scouts. I'd heard there was a lot of opposition from his dad and I'd never really gotten a chance to talk to him about it. So yesterday, I saw him sitting the row behind the deacons and thought, "he should be passing the sacrament!" So, after sacrament meeting, I said, "T, have you thought about getting baptized?" "Yeah I've thought about it a lot! I just really like my coffee and tea" "Would your dad let you do it?" "Sure, if it's what I want, he's cool with it." We talked about getting together this week to get him prepared for baptism. We're hoping to have a lesson with him this week and help him have the faith to obey the word of wisdom and get baptized :)

So yeah, lots of miracles just tumbling from heaven. These are the kind of miracles that are so humbling, when you realize it's not you...it's just the Lord blessing you. Oh, and J L (the Korean) is all set for baptism on Saturday! She passed her interview yesterday and she is excited!

ooh it's about to kick me off, so i'm going to log off but get back on and send some pics. LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Gibbons

No comments: