Monday, October 25, 2010

last words from sister gibbons!

Hello everyone! I cannot believe this is my last email home. It just doesn't seem real. I just have so many thoughts and emotions running through my heart and brain at all times i just don't even know what I'm feeling.

It's been a crazy, disappointing, busy week with some amazing spiritual highlights. S basically dumped us and T had a talk with his dad, and his dad doesn't feel like he's ready. So those baptisms are off. I still think there is hope for T...just pray for him. Also I got really sick this week. My cough is still lingering but I'm feeling much better. I only had to stay in one day (well we still went out for about 3 hours but stayed in the rest of the day) but i still just hated wasting time...it's slipping away!!

On a happier note, J and her two kids, J and J, will be baptized tomorrow night! They are AMAZING. they had their interviews yesterday so everything is set. They actually move to Salt Lake on Friday, so I'll get to keep tabs on them :)

We had some other disappointments that had me a little discouraged last night...but before I slept I just prayed...like REALLY prayed ya know? There aren't even words really to describe my experience, but I know that God is there, that He knows us and loves us. He knows our weaknesses and imperfections, but that's why he provided a Savior for us. I know that this is His work...that there's no more important work than the salvation of His children...and anything we do to bring about our salvation or the salvation of others brings REAL joy, not the temporary satisfaction of the world. I know there are still miracles to see this week! I'm going to put everything I have into the work...and when it is not enough, I'm going to pray my heart out :) i think faith is more powerful than any of us understand.

I am so excited to see you all on Monday!! I actually had a dream last night that I met ryan and he was really big and fat and it was really awkward hahaha. no worries ryan, i have no doubt that it will be brotherly/sisterly love at first sight :) mostly because I love you already! One last thing...I have to thank you all for everything. You have no idea how amazing it has been to always know that when i logged onto my email i'd see a whole bunch of emails. I'm grateful for your prayers too. in sacrament meeting yesterday, the speaker read a story told by that "other side of heaven" guy....oh groberg i think? anyway it was a cool story about how at a moment of despair he saw in his mind his family gathered in prayer on his behalf and how it strengthened him. I thought of all the prayers you've offered for me, and I know that there was a lot of power in those prayers. I've felt the strength from them in my moments of despair :) i love you all so much. I'm so grateful for the faith we share. I know that we have the fulness of truth, and consequently the fulness of joy at our fingertips :) LOVE YOU!!! see you in a week!

Sister Gibbons

ps - sorry about the crazy scattered-ness of this email....it's a reflection of the crazy scattered-ness of my brain these days :)

No comments: