Thursday, April 12, 2012

easter thoughts

I'm a little late for Easter, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the Savior.
This week I've had a lot of time to reflect on my experiences with Him.
With both my roommates gone for spring break, the house has been really quiet...perfect for pondering.

First, I know He lives.
He lived, died, rose from the tomb, and lives today.
My Grandpa Glenn passed away ten years ago on Easter morning.
I know my grandpa has watched over me...especially on my mission.
I know resurrection is real and a gift to all.
This allows us to be reunited with our loved ones after our time here is done.

Second, I know He knows and loves me.
He has shared my joys.
He understands my pain.
He is as real to me as any friend on earth...maybe more so.
He has been there when I felt utterly alone.
He has filled the holes in my heart.
His peace cannot be replicated.
I know my pain is small compared to so many, but I know He understands it all.
His Atonement can heal anything, no matter how deep.
When I haven't understood others' pain or known how to help them, 
He has allowed me to feel His love for them...
and that changes everything.

Third, I know He paid for my sins.
He is infinitely patient with me...
with my stubbornness, pride, weaknesses, and slow learning curve.
He has welcomed me with open arms after I haven't acted the way I know to be right.
He has forgiven me and changed my heart.
His love and mercy make me want to be better.
Through His grace, He slowly shapes me into who I can become.
He gives me power to do things I cannot do on my own.

For these reasons, I will love Him forever.
For these reasons, I try to follow Him.
I'm not perfect at it, but that's why He is there in the first place.

Happy Easter :)

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I love this entire post, Liz. You are wonderful and I think we should hang out sometime. Thanks for sharing your awesome Easter thoughts :)