Monday, April 30, 2012

dusting off my dance shoes!

So friday night was amazing. I dusted off my ballroom dancing shoes with the row of rhinestones that I love (here's a pic of little 19-year-old Liz showing them off) ...
and headed to the Murray Arts Center with a group of about 20 people from my ward! K imagine this...live band...the sweetest old couples you've ever seen dancing like champs...twinkle lights...the works. And I danced. I danced until my feet hurt! And I loved it :) Cha cha, swing, west coast, waltz, viennese waltz (or rather Jay and I faked a viennese waltz while singing "Once upon a dream" from sleeping beauty...good times), foxtrot, a funny made-up comical dance routine with Riley to some song about margaritas... and I even went back to my stake dance days and did the electric slide. Nothing like collapsing in bed after leaving it all out on the dance floor :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It was so fun! I'm glad that we both went. I'm SOOOO excited that you are going to be my dancing teacher BFF!! :)