Monday, November 21, 2011

so this one time it was halloween

so i just realized i never posted about halloween!

A) by some miracle, i won 6 free tickets to lagoon's Frightmares from the radio by submitting THIS PHOTO as a "scary costume picture"


 yup that's what happens when you get the family costume box out at the gibbons house. good times! so this was my first time at frightmares and i didn't know there was going to be random scary people roaming around. k so we'd just gotten off the wild mouse (rollercoaster) and i glanced over at a bench and saw this creepy looking girl sitting on it. k so i couldn't figure out if she was a statue or what so i kept staring at her. so of course when she notices me with the scared look on my face, she comes RIGHT for me and it was the freakiest moment of my life. they could smell my fear!! so i of course acted like a 5 year old and hid behind the guys we were with. then of course the rest of the night, all the scary people would come right for me! so my roommates taught me how to play it cool haha...i got better... so yeah, definitely the roller coasters were my favorite part!! i'd forgotten how much i LOVE rollercoasters. this is the group right before one of the haunted houses:



B) my friend josh had the coolest idea for a costume ever! we rented waders and nets from the life sciences stockroom in our research building.  who knew how fun it is to dance in waders?? you should have seen me bust a move.


C) Stephanie needed a good costume for her school's parade (she teaches 6th grade) and we thought rapunzel was perfect. but of course we didn't start putting it together until 8:00 the night before! good thing i am a DI master and spotted this top (made for an 8 year old) and snagged it before anyone else did.  marissa was a genius and cut it so we could lace it up with pink ribbon.  the dirty, $0.25 lizard we found at DI makes a pretty good pascal don't you think?? we are good.

No comments: