Tuesday, October 4, 2011

the Lord knows us!

Well I just had to share this cool story.  Yesterday I was searching for a specific email in my inbox. A random one came up that wasn't relevant, but I ended up reading it anyway.  Turned out to be an email I had sent a missionary friend a long time ago.  I always included random uplifting quotes from general conference or ensign talks.  The one in this email was:

 "I testify of God's love and the Savior's power to calm the storm.  Always remember in that biblical story that He was out there on the water also . . . Only one who has fought against those ominous waves is justified in telling us - as well as the sea - to "be still" (Mark 4:39).  Only one who has taken the full brunt of such adversity could ever be justified in telling us in such times to "be of good cheer" (John 16:33)."


(Jeffrey R. Holland, "An High Priest of Good Things to Come," Ensign, Nov. 1999, 37)

Randomly after I read it, I had the thought, "I should post this on facebook!" and didn't think much of it.  Then as I was posting it, I almost just put "Jeffrey R. Holland" at the end instead of the whole reference...but I had a strong feeling I should leave it.  So that was a few days ago and I'd entirely forgotten about it.  Then today, I had a message in my facebook inbox from an acquaintance I don't know that well. It said:

 "Hi, I don't get on facebook that often, but I did today and saw your post of Elder Hollands talk from 1999, it caught my eye.  I looked it up and read it, you have no idea how much I NEEDED that today.  You were an answer to a prayer - so I just wanted to say Thank you."

I know this is just a little thing, but it hit me really hard.  It was just another witness of how the Lord knows each of us.  He knows exactly what we're going through and what we need to get through it!  To think that the all-powerful God of the universe had the time to prompt little Liz to post a random quote on facebook because He knew His daughter needed it.  He has been there for me so many times!  I was also grateful that He let me be a part of this small tender mercy. I have been so busy lately that I'm afraid I haven't taken as much time to be still and listen for the spirit.  This experience has made me want to be as close to the spirit as possible so I can be the Lord's hands more.  We can all be a part of His work.  And it doesn't have to be big things, it can be things that only take up 30 seconds of our time.

Just wanted to share my testimony that the Lord knows and loves us all!!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Thanks Liz! :)

The Peets said...

Loved this post. That is so neat and you are too cute.