Thursday, October 13, 2011

gratitude

my sister's blog post this morning (The Boster Family: Heritage) expressed my own feelings of gratitude better than i have been able to put into words. granted, i am not a young mother as she is...yet i feel the same way about the heritage my parents have left me (and are still creating for me). i find as i go through this busy time of life, it is easy to get caught up in the "thick of thin things". as i read emails from my parents in siberia and josh in mexico, all doing the work of our Savior, it lifts me from my world of selfishness. their stories remind me of what's most important: lifting the hands that hang down and strengthening the feeble knees. even though i'm not on the other side of the world, i too can do His work HERE. and as we all follow the small daily promptings of His Holy Spirit, we follow His master plan to prepare us and shape us into who He knows we can become.

No comments: