Monday, April 18, 2011

what happened to me?

i don't know what has happened to me...i used to be able to study for hours on end without getting very distracted. now here i sit in the good ol' harold b lee library trying to write a paper....3 hours in....i've had about 45 minutes worth of really good writing time...the rest i keep getting distracted! i see someone i know and get really excited, i get a phone call and talk to a friend for 30 minutes, i check for the dance class i really wanted to get in for spring semester (there was an opening!!) and register for it, i rework my spring/summer schedules to make sure i have time for everything, i change my availability online for my part time job, i check out all the photos of me from the half marathon (a post full of details coming in the near future) that the professionals took and want to charge me $40 for, i write my little brother a letter on dearelder.com, and pathetically...i've checked facebook 3 times.  THIS ISN'T OK. i'm running out of time! ok now that this is out of my system, i am promising myself i won't get distracted again for one hour. for one hour i will be focused. for one hour i will dominate this paper. i can do it...

No comments: