Monday, April 25, 2011

WE DID IT!!




13.1 miles!!
I officially loved it :)  

Running has really taught me a lot..
*I can do hard things
*You can do anything if you set goals and work hard!
*It's all in your desire...you have to decide you're not going to give up

It was really cool to have something where I could actually see my progress. And it's actually true, there is such a thing as a runner's high! I know, I didn't use to believe it either. My first 7 mile run though, I experienced it. I felt like I could run forever.  That was the coolest run by the way...i called it the tour of my life! I ran past every apartment i've lived in in provo (i'm up to 8), the temple, the MTC, and my lab on campus.  i'm such a dweeb but i actually got kind of emotional haha! it gave me a lot of time to reflect on my life (running is great for that by the way). i hadn't been back to some of those apartments since i moved and there were a LOT of good memories. if you're reading this, i may have thought of YOU at some point on that run. lucky you. lucky me.  anyway, i officially love running! in fact, pops and i are going to run a half marathon together on may 30th! stay tuned. we're thinking matching lime green shirts. we'll see :)

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Go, Liz, Go! You are officially awesome. I've never run a half marathon, therefore, not as awesome as you. Maybe this summer I'll get some new-found motivation for running. In the meantime, keep it up, Ms. Inspiration. :)