Tuesday, March 15, 2011

nbd



my first 10k . . . the rex lee run!
i finished in 57:45. not bad for my first time
(especially since i was running 11 minute miles in january when i started out).

some favorite moments:
*taking a wrong turn hear the end and having to backtrack while looking like a total idiot
*my headband flying off my head and hitting the guy behind me in the face (it was one of those elastic ones) good times
*starting to get tired around mile 4 when "running on empty" came on the ipod. legit. pumped me up, made me think of dad.
*passing guys along the way. yeah that felt cool.
*coming in 261st haha (but hey, not bad out of 454! i never claimed to be fast...)
*running with my roommate steph! (well STARTING the race with steph. she's hard core)

2 comments:

Preston and Angie said...

Way to go! I don't think I would've made it past 5 miles. And that's pushing it!

Rachel said...

It was so good to see you yesterday! I'm excited to stay updated on your blog :)