Tuesday, March 22, 2011

it's official!

ok folks, it's official...the scriptures are really true :) you know how it says to arise early that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated? well i always trust the scriptures, but that one's rough when your alarm is going off at 6:30 am ya know? well i did an official experiment to test the hypothesis that this is true... (ok so actually i didn't plan on doing this...but the science nerd in me decided to pretend i did)

EXPERIMENTAL SETUP: sleep in ridiculously late one day...see how your day goes....get up early the next day...compare

RESULTS: so yesterday i slept in til about 9 am (i am really good at convincing myself i deserve it as the alarm is going off and the snooze button is all too accessible). and THEN i didn't even get up right away...it took me almost thirty minutes to REALLY get out of bed (you know how you like make your bed but then lay on top....then you turn on the light, but go lay back down? yeah that's me sometimes). even when i finally got out of bed i kept getting distracted by things i didn't really need to do and i was just slow. anyway...long story short, i just wasn't as productive as i could have been.

fast forward to this morning. look at how much I've accomplished (and it's now 9 am, the same time i woke up yesterday). I got up at 7 (yes actually UP), studied the scriptures for 30 min (yes actually STUDIED, not just read), cleaned the kitchen, showered, got cute (yes actually CUTE for once), ate strawberries and yogurt for breakfast (yes i actually ate breakfast and it was actually healthy), and prepared caesar wraps for lunch (yes HOMEMADE). plus i got to jam to some sweet james taylor tunes while i got ready. I LOVE TODAY.

GOAL: remember this experiment next time my alarm is going off....

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Way to go Lizzie! I am horrible at getting up early. I'll push the snooze over and over until I barely have enough time to throw my hair in a ponytail and rush out the door. I'll have to give this little experiment a try sometime.

Kaysie said...

i will not tell you what time i got out of bed this morning... if only i would be like you in this way! good job :)

Amy said...

I know you're right. But I'm too chicken to try it because to get up early enough to really get things done in the morning means getting up before the kids. And I hate 6 a.m. I just hate it! Maybe next week I won't hate it so much?

Taylor Ann said...

goal: remember that tomorrow when we have stayed up until 1:30 tonight... mmmmm :)

Your blog is darling!