Wednesday, April 8, 2009

*SEVEN days to go!*

well the countdown is coming to an end! i can almost count on one hand :) i moved back to my parents' house today to spend my last week with the fam! i'm really excited to be with them! i'll be honest, it was kind of weird to leave provo . . . 4 years of memories! secret confession: i shed a few tears! good thing i'm coming back so it's not SO bad. it is a little sad realizing how many of my friends will be graduated and moved off to timbuktoo. plus i just have a hard time with goodbyes and big change anyway. my mom and i realized that this was my TENTH time moving since i came to BYU. haha we're pretty good at it by now. good practice for the mission. anyway i tried to live it up these past few weeks, doing all my favorite things for the "last" time! here's a taste of my partyings -


lab girls night: bowling!
our strike celebrations (yeah we're that good!):

last BYU sports game. . . men's volleyball with jane, kenny, and the gang!

janelle's bridal shower! (sorry it's blurry . . .)

festival of colors at the hare krishna temple in spanish fork!
(i got lots of compliments on my ninja turtle-ness)

last lab party! good times at the bells'

here's a big one: last night country dancing!!
. . . and the black eye that resulted . . . hahaha

last girls night with jane! complete with . . .
MUDDY BUDDIES
and YOU'VE GOT MAIL!
("you are so lucky . . . you could . . be . . . dead")

traditional gibbons kids life-size board games the friday before conference!

that's all the pictures i've got, but i WISH i had pics of my last poker night, my last ice cream run with ky and anne marie, my last hot tub sesh with the guys, and my last days in the lab.

OH MY GOSH! I JUST REMEMBERED I DIDN'T SAY GOODBYE TO THEO (my goldfish) :( maybe we'll have to stop in on the way to the MTC . . . i'm a horrible pet owner.

anyway, SEVEN DAYS :)

3 comments:

Nic said...

Liz! I didn't realize you were taking off so soon! Best of luck to you on the mission. You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz! Your mission is right around the corner & I'm so excited for you!!! It will be an amazing experience and you'll be even cooler when you get home! Good luck!!!

Katalyn Rose said...

Liz, I love you so much! Your mission is going to be great, and I'll be around when you get back! Yay!