Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 weeks from TODAY! :)

well folks it's finally here! (well almost) i enter the MTC 2 weeks from today! i'll be serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Seattle, WA for the next 18 months! i'm getting REALLY excited and pretty antsy. i'm having a hard time focusing on tying up the loose ends of my thesis project because i'm so ready to get out there! to give you an idea of how long i've been waiting for this, here is a pic of me and my daddy the day i got my mission call (the date on the picture is wrong by the way), and then one a couple months ago around the time i finalized the mission plans for April 15th! he has worked so hard and now is in WAY better shape than i am. i can't even tell you how proud i am of what he has accomplished . . . i can't even find the words. i love him so much and i'm going to miss my datty like crazy :)

so as you can see, a lot has changed since that day i got my mission call!! all good things! i get to head out to seattle with my masters thesis project done, tons of adventures/new friends/memories i would've missed out on if i had left back in august, and feeling SO prepared, ready, and excited. i wouldn't trade this crazy ride for anything. i just think life is so great :) 14 days to go!!

2 comments:

Julie G. Gibbons said...

The date on the picture is actually 05/01/2008! For some reason the day is listed first, then the month! Love you Lizzie!

Daniel Bay Gibbons said...

Thanks for the nice shout out, Wibby. I'll never quite be in the shape you're in--physically, spiritually, intellectually, socially, etc. Thanks for being my "best buddy forever." Love, Popsy.