Saturday, April 18, 2009

first letter home . . .

We were so excited to get Liz's first letter home today!! She sounds so happy . . . I thought we should share some highlights with you:

"Well I said goodbye to you all about 6 hrs ago, and I am just having the best time! I am very happy and excited! Turns out being one of the 1st missionaries to say goodbye and exit the orientation room has its perks . . . I didn’t have to wait at all to get all my packets, etc & had tons of time to unpack! Everyone is SUPER friendly. I’ve never been greeted in so many different languages! An elder even invited me to be baptized in Spanish to practice (I said yes of course :)). I was so grateful to run into 2 sisters just as I went back for my luggage. They got one of my suitcases and showed me where the ELEVATOR was! Anyway, tender mercies . . . the luggage was NO problem . . . so far . . . hehe. So my companion, AWESOME. Sister Ireland. 28. Only member in her family. From Canada. She was baptized 3 years ago today! She is a sweetheart . . . a kindred spirit I might say :). We’ve already had two, no maybe three “tender moments.” She is a hard worker and a MORNING person she says. I told her she’ll have to make me get up and she was excited. Her goal for our 1st couple of days is to stop losing everything . . . name badge, key, etc. My goals are to remember not to wander off (I’m getting used to the companion thing. When I forget, Sister Ireland chases me and we laugh) and call everyone elders & sisters instead of “guys” hehe."

"Well we just got locked out of our room and had to trek over to the front desk in our pajamas. Won’t do that again! So random story, earlier today we went to a big meeting with all the new missionaries and when we got there, there was an usher in the aisle. All the elders were sitting in the middle and all the sisters were on the side section. I asked if we had to sit on the side, and he said no, that’s just where the sisters sat. So, Sis Ireland and I mixed it up and sat amidst the elders (other sisters after us joined so we weren’t the only ones though!)."

Can't you just see Liz sitting down "amidst the elders" and mixing things up! Haha!

No comments: