Tuesday, January 27, 2009

secret confession . . .

TWO secret confessions actually . . .

1 - i totally fell going up the stairs at work this morning . . . and it hurt . . . and it was hilarious

2 - i was changing the CO2 tank in my lab today, and at the end i screwed the regulator on tight the way i always do, by hanging on the wrench . . . as in my feet come off the floor and i hang for a bit, letting all 100 lbs of me pull it tight (jen is the only person who has actually witnessed this i think). so the funny part is today as i was hanging there, i swung right into the empy CO2 tank next to me and scraped my elbow and got rust all over my jeans. my elbow still stings and i'm still chuckling, because i can still picture how ridiculous i looked. k maybe you had to be there . . . but i thought it was really funny

2 comments:

Kelly said...

you are so cute Liz! Be careful... i won't want you to hurt yourself. and ps it looks like you had the best birthday ever! So fun! i'm jealous!

Daniel Bay Gibbons said...

Don't worry about it, Wibby. When I was in Ukraine last Winter, I ate lunch probably five different days in this food court under the Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station. And each time as I left I stumbled on the same step leading up to the ground level. Each time I promised myself, "I will not stumble," but, sure enough, I took a fall five times in a row. I must have looked very distinguished, in my American lecturing suit, tripping like an idiot in front of 3,000 or 4,000 thousand Kievans.