Thursday, January 22, 2009

my birthday week!

well it's official. i'm old. 22!! I got to drag out my birthday for almost a whole week since we waited til the weekend to celebrate with the fam. here are some pics from my birth-week! :)

So when i got to the lab that morning i found a flower and balloons and starbursts with no note which is always exciting :) turns out it was my cute sister abby! thanks abby!!! Here's me with the flower plus a flower i got from some cute girls i work with which included a SINGING CARD. i've always wanted one of those. my favorite part is how the flowers are in a flask. that just makes it so much better.


macaroni grill with the girls! janelle, kylie, sally, and anne marie. the highlights: learning to write my name upside down in cursive and the free chocolate cake. ah it was amazing. OH and the leftovers the next day. so fun.

i don't have pics of it, but angie made me dinner the day after my birthday! she's so cute. i just loved hanging out with her and preston. they are so great. ang and I had a much needed chat! she's so fun to talk to and it'd been forever.

the next day willie gave me a birthday treat: wendy's for dinner and PAZOOKIE! half baked cookie dough with ice cream on top. oh gosh it was probably the most amazing thing my taste buds had every encountered. there must be a repeat of this.

on friday, my roommate janelle got engaged!! i'm so excited for her. she's such an amazing friend and she deserves the best. mike's such a great guy too! ah what a great couple. love them :)


on saturday we had a fun get together at jane and kenny's with the gang. it was a blast as always, even though garrett got lost going to their house again. next time we're going to go STRAIGHT there the fast way. we had a birthday cake for both mine and logan's birthdays. it was in the shape of a bicep . . . so i think obviously more directed toward logan haha. we blew out ALL the candles though! jane, kimbre, and i ate WAY too many muddy buddies. i think it's tradition to get sick off of them every time we make them.


angie, preston, and i made a trip to the savages to finally meet ka's little one, chloe grace! and can i just say she is adorable?? i can't believe my friend's are having babies, but i know that ka will be the best mom there is! here's me with my pseudo-niece :)


here's the whole group! me, the andersons, and the browns!



I finally got to celebrate my birthday with my family on sunday!! this picture looks funny because it was on night vision haha . . . of course it looks funny ANYWAY because i am modeling all of my gifts from my cute fam! i'm wearing my new dress, a bathrobe, my new mission skirt, my new scarf, two hats, 3 pairs of mittens and holding my disney princess memory game!! can a birthday get any better? i submit that it cannot.


so a fun tradition in my family is to make signs for each other that are all hung up around the family room and kitchen. dad's always been the best at it, but this year he topped them all. here is a "rap" he wrote for me. yes, the picture is of me, modeled after an actual photo we have (although i don't recall my hair being THAT crazy . . . or dark . . .) ah i am keeping this forever.this next one was also by dad, highlighting both my cowgirl tendencies and my extreme nerdiness in one song!


so let's be honest, my birthday was pretty much amazing!! thanks to everyone who made it great :)

2 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Ah, I loved this post! Sorry we couldn't hang out with you for your birthday! Oh my goodness Dad's signs are hilarious!! Those have got to be among the best ones ever. Ka's baby is so cute!! :) We love you! Hope we can see you soon! James says hi :)

Katalyn Rose said...

Liz, oh my goodness....I could die of how hilarious your dad's signs are. Really though, I don't think I even knew that parents could be funny. Wow.