Tuesday, October 28, 2008

a fun family-filled weekend :)

Well it was a fun weekend cuz I got to spend it with the fam!! Saturday night I pretended to be a Boster and went to see Jenny's brother-in-law, Benjamin, in the opera Don Giovanni with all her in-laws! They're such a fun family so I loved tagging along for the night :) Jenny and I couldn't help but laugh during the last song as we pictured the family video we have of the 2 of us with Annie and Abby, our shirts stuffed with pillows, popping out from behind the couch lipsyncing (is that how you spell that?) "DON GIOVANNI!" hehe all dad's idea of course. We got pretty into it, what a great childhood. I wish I had a pic of that . . . but here's a pic of Jenny and I on Saturday in the HFAC. . .I hitched a ride back to Salt Lake with Jenny and Jonathan afterwards so I could spend Sunday at home. Lucky me I got to wake up the boy and have a nice cuddle before the Bosters went home up the street. It's rare for James to sit still these days, so we had to catch the cuddle on camera! What a sweetheart . . .
Sundays are always so great at home! Church wasn't QUITE as fun because James wasn't there to play with during the meetings like usual (Jenny and Jonathan were in Layton), but Mom and I survived. The whole fam damily was there for dinner which doesn't happen much so I just loved it! As usual the fam had a good time playing on the wii, this time a game Jonathan brought where you're either knocking stuff down or trying NOT to knock stuff down like in Jenga. Too hard to explain, but the highlight was having Jonathan start making up words to the cheesy nintendo music . . . something about wanting a friend but not having one . . . with an underlying beat of "percocet, percocet, percocet" since that's the drug jonathan was on at the time (he just had ear surgery). Sometimes I just think you have to be my family to understand why things are so funny sometimes. Anyway it was SO fun to be home and be goofy for the weekend. Here's one more pic of me with James (he was not so cuddly this time haha).

2 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Hahaha, fun times! That was so fun to have you come with us. We'll have to watch "Ma and Pa Kettle" sometime - we'll have a party! Your blog looks way cute, by the way! Love ya!

Jane Cox said...

Liz I love your blog! and you too. Don't forget you need to teach me.