Monday, October 20, 2008

The first post has to be about something so why not about wasps?

So RANDOM I decided to start a blog! Who knows if anyone will visit it, but hey it seems like the cool thing to do and I am not one to be left out of things :) Plus maybe it will make my life seem more exciting...

Except today really WAS exciting, so I don't even have to pretend. It was exciting for 3 reasons:

1) we had a wasp infestation in the lab!! I don't know where they came from, but we found a total of eleven wasps in Rm 529 of the Widstoe. Turns out that the Widstoe becomes the hotspot for both wasps and box elder bugs around this time of year. Ah another reason to love this building I live in. Here is the final tally of kill-age...
Jen: 2
Mark: 4 (with one assist!)
Dr. Bell: 3
Liz: 2 (it was a pretty exciting moment when Liz went from one who screamed to one who killed)

2) I finished my "program of study" for my graduate program! Basically it's a plan of all the classes I'm going to take that has to be ok'd by my graduate committee. It's the first thing I needed to turn in! Next comes my prospectus, then eventually my thesis! Anyway so it sounds boring, but I was just really proud that I am on the ball and did it. It's kind of sad how excited I was that I did it today.

3) So this is sounding more and more pathetic that these things are exciting to me, but #3 is that I found out that the New York Times is free on campus at the Kennedy Center! So yeah, I picked one up today and I'm going to go home and read it so I'm not ignorant anymore! Yay! Also sad but exciting to me is that I went to the Wilk and bought the textbook for the family finance class that I've always wanted to take. I'm going to learn it on my own so I'm not stupid about money anymore! The other day I just had this epiphany that with all this time on my hands (I don't have homework since all I'm doing is research) that I'm going to read a lot like my Pops and become smart like he is. I realized that there's books about EVERYTHING so I can learn anything I want to! I'm just really excited about it! 1st stop: the New York Times and "Get a Financial Life" :)

Well that's about all that was exciting today, but hey it's only 5:30 pm, so maybe more excitement awaits me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wasp kills. I'd probably have gone and sit in a corner. I do that when spiders show up in my room... my brother has to take care of them.

Oh, and congrats on the blog.

Sujal

Jenny Bay said...

Yay, you have a blog! Way to go killing the wasps - I'm not sure if I could've done that! Love ya!

Daniel Bay Gibbons said...

Woobsen:

You are a rock star--in and out of the lab. We all LOVE your blog, and look forward to vicarious enjoyment of your adventures. And finally, I would say, "If Miss Honeychurch ever begins to live the way she plays, it will be very exciting, both for her, and for us."

Much love always,

Pops

Preston and Angie said...

Yay for blogs! I'm glad you joined so I can stay up-to-date with your life! Sounds like you had a pretty exciting day :)And soon, I'll be a part of it! Woohoo. Even more exciting! See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Liz-a-licious! Your blog is so entertaining! I'm glad I found another blog to stalk. Here's mine:

http://go-that-way.blogspot.com