Thursday, October 25, 2012

recently...

Recently...

I've tried analyzing these babies about 10 different ways...

...and I THINK the most recent try is a win! We will know once I try it out on a few more runs. Cross your fingers that this one will be the winner and I can move on to the hard part of the project haha. Oh and for those nerds out there wondering...these are images of F-actin!


Recently...

I've been team-teaching PDBio 120...

...and LOVING it. For real. I'm all kinds of happy and excited after I teach. Up until now I've taught portions of most classes, but today was my first day teaching the whole 50 minute class! I think it went well! I love getting to know more and more of my 200 students. Yep, definitely thinking I chose the right career. :)


Recently...

I've been having fun...









...country concerts, Jazz games, BYU football games, hipster photo shoots, family get-togethers, perspective-gaining drives up the mountain, 3D movies, intense workouts (yes that is a cupcake), pumpkin carving parties, haunted forests, etc. 


Recently...

I caved and bought a cd on itunes...
...and have been listening to it for days! I was doing so good with my resolution not to buy music, but I couldn't help myself. I have a weak spot for music.


Recently...

I've been learning a lot about how I sleep...
...using this super crazy app on my phone. It lays on the bed and uses my movements to track my sleep cycle. Best part? I give it a 30 min window and it wakes me up at the most ideal time. I honestly feel great when I wake up now because the alarm isn't jolting me out of deep sleep. The future is here, folks.


Recently...

I've started apply for teaching jobs...
...and I can't believe I'm going to be all grown up with a real job in less than a year! Crossing my fingers somebody will want me!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What is this app called? I want to learn how I sleep. How interesting. Also... I'm so glad I made it into your post of "recently's" because I don't feel like I see you often enough. I think another sleep over is in order.

Janelle said...

I dunno Liz, I'm kind of concerned about the AMOUNT of time that app says you've been sleeping. You need some rest girl! Other than that - how fun! Isn't teaching addicting? I LOVED being a teacher...and you're totally going to rock it :)

miss.melissa said...

I also want to know the name of this app!

Priscilla said...

Goodness, Liz. Average bed time 2:14am and average duration 5 1/2 hours?! Does the Sleep Lab also tell you that you need to sleep more? 'Cause I do! Anywho, I'm super excited for your future and hope you land the perfect teaching job. Fingers crossed for Prof. Gibbons!