Thursday, October 4, 2012

happiest place on earth!!

This post might as well be titled "luckiest girl on earth" because I am! Months ago, Steph started talking about how we needed to go on another epic trip together like we did last year at this time. I replied how fun it would be but that I'm a poor graduate student. :( Next thing I know, Steph is telling me I need to make sure to get September 21st off of school and she and Marissa start plotting a lot behind closed doors. I had no idea what was going on. So for two months, they would talk about the epic trip the three of us were going on, but wouldn't tell me where...not even how we were going to get there. Steph isn't the best about keeping secrets from me, so she almost caved a whole bunch of times. She would even tell EVERYONE I know EXCEPT me haha. Finally about a week before, I got a text from Steph late one night telling me that she couldn't keep the secret anymore and that she was taking me to Reno (her sister lives there) but not to tell Marissa she told! So the next week and a half was full of me pretending I didn't know where I was going around Marissa.

Finally it was September 20th! Marissa and Steph told me that we were going to be flying the next morning so I needed to pack in a carry-on size bag. They gave me a general idea of what to pack, and I was racking my brain trying to figure out what we'd be doing in Reno they they were so excited about. We got up SUPER early on Friday morning to head to the airport. They checked us in without me so I wouldn't see our destination. Finally, right before we got to security, they handed me my boarding pass so I could see where we were going. I mentally prepared myself to pretend to be surprised when I saw it was to Reno. I look down at my ticket and realize it says our final destination is Orange County, CA...wait...WHAT?  I was so surprised!! Then Steph handed me an envelope with some money in it and a disney pin and said, "Girl, we're going to DISNEYLAND!" WHAT???? Reno was a lie all along! I was pretty much freaking out like a 9-year-old in the airport and trying to stop myself from telling all kinds of strangers that I was going to DISNEYLAND!! I had only been twice in my life and not since I was 17.  This was moments after I found out our destination! Note that it was like 5 am so looking cute was not a priority:


It was pretty much a magical weekend. We spent 2 full days in Disneyland, stayed at MarisIsa's parents' place in San Diego, and came home Sunday morning. We played hard core...rode practically every ride, shopped, ate WAY too much food, and just soaked in the magic. My highlights were...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN! It had been closed both times I went to Disneyland before, so I'd ALWAYS wanted to ride it.

It did not disappoint! Favorite.

TOWER OF TERROR. I was seriously terrified.


My yoda shirt.

Spending time with my fabulous roommates...





Eating WAY too much.

And stalking Disney characters.

Biggest regret? Not getting a picture of Flynn Rider's smolder. Life-changing.


No words for how much I love this girl...







THANKS STEPH!!!

4 comments:

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...

HOW FUN!?!! Man...I should've taken lessons on how to be the coolest friend ever from that girl. That's so cool Liz...your hard working bum deserves some fun!

Tracy said...

What a great friend! I don't think I have ever had someone surprise me like that. I love you both AND I love love love Disneyland. Glad you got to go. You deserve it.

Preston and Angie said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you have good roommates to take care of you :) Just don't compare to past roommates... hahaha. I love you! We need to chat soon.