Monday, September 14, 2009

funny story of the week!

okay i think this story is hilarious!! i don't know if i will be able to write it well enough for you to catch the hilarity of the situation, but i will try . . .

so wednesday night we taught a lesson at the Burches. after we got home we realized we'd forgotten to give one of the sons a BofM to borrow for the week because he'd left his somewhere (and of course we didn't want him to go a week without reading!) we had a couple minutes before we had to be in so we decided to go back and give it to him. i was outside of the car backing sis yura (did i tell you she's driving this transfer?) since it is a mission rule . . . meanwhile i'm calling bobby to tell him we're coming back. i was walking backwards and multitasking and didn't realize i'd walked right into the branches of a rose bush! sister yura had stopped the car and was waiting for me to get back in. but when i tried to move i was stuck! thorns were hooked all the way up my nylons as well as my skirt and my shoulder bag and i couldn't move! i was trying to yell to sister yura that i was stuck but she couldn't hear me. so she puts the car in park to see what was wrong. when she put it in park, the car rocked back a little (since we were on hill) and i thought she was backing into me, so i hit the back of the car with my hand to stop her. then i crouched down to try to pull the thorns out of my nylons. so from sister yura's perspective, she hears something hit the back of the car, and then she couldn't see me (because i'd crouched) and she thought she totally hit me and killed me! hahaha so she comes out freaking out and i'm just laughing. meanwhile bobby calls (because he hadn't answered the first time) and i'm just laughing saying "i'm in rose bushes! i'm in rose bushes! but we're coming back with your B of M!" he's just like, "what?? are you ok?" hahaha it was so funny. so it takes two of us to get me out of the rose bushes and i escaped with all these scratches and red bumps on my legs (hence the 1st picture). the 2nd picture is the next morning . . . pointing to the deadly branches. maybe you had to be there, but me and sis yura were laughing so hard!!



No comments: