Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ah life . . .

well, my poster is all finished, printed, laminated, rolled up, and tucked into its cardboard tube! (speaking of . . . dr bell, jen, and i fashioned an awesome carrying contraption for our 3 posters out of duct tape! maybe i'll have to take a picture of it.) my poster is officially cool. it has a black background with a skull and crossbones as a watermark (since my thesis is all about death). now that that's done, i'm ready to head to boston for a week! yay for conferences and presenting data!

with that done, i officially started writing my THESIS today! i have 9 pages of a rough draft (only because i can use lots of stuff from my prospectus . . . but still 9 pages sounds impressive right?) i just did the math and realized that with all the deadlines, etc, the LATEST i can finish my thesis is march 31. that's not much time . . . i'm kind of freaking out, but kind of not. i think if i work hard i can do it! i can do it right?

well when i'm not thinking about my thesis, i'm thinking about my MISSION! and now that i went shopping for clothes last saturday (a very successful trip!), i feel like i will actually be ready to go! i'm getting really excited :) the nearness of april 15 hasn't totally sunk it yet though, since i have SO much to get done before then. i'm sure it will fly by!

and when i'm not thinking about the mission, i'm thinking about how i'm going to RASCAL FLATTS tomorrow!!! ah i can't wait. nothing like a good country concert :) probably one of my favorite things.

well those are my musings about life. now i'm off to work on my thesis for a bit longer before i go home. i think i will have to have some broccoli for dinner. i'm craving broccoli.

4 comments:

Preston and Angie said...

You get to go to Rascal Flatts?? Jealous! I hope the broccoli was as good as when I make it :) And I have complete faith that you can get your thesis done!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and thinking, "What EXACTLY is a prospectus?" And, "How did Liz become so awesome?" Maybe I'll figure it out someday...

Unknown said...

We seriously need to have a party before you leave in April. Let's figure something out soon!!!

Preston and Angie said...

I know I already commented on here and it's probably against the rules to do it twice, but I'm just that rebellious :) How did your Boston trip go????

I also agree that it's been a while and we need a play date soon!!! Especially cuz we don't have long before you go!! Crazy! Are you going to Parker's homecoming on Sunday?