Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HALLOWEEN!!

Ah halloween. I think I've always loved getting all dressed up . . . more the pretty kind of dressing up than the bloody, scary kind of dressing up . . . this illustrated obviously by the fact that I think I was a princess 4 years in a row in my younger days! K so it might have only been 3 but still. One particularly embarrassing halloween was when michelle, lori, and I were aliens in 6th grade. If i remember right we made our own spaceship . . . with cardboard boxes and green bubble wrap? Yeah not my proudest moment. Later in high school and college I wasn't very into halloween but the past two years I've just LOVED it for some reason! I think it's just the opportunity to transform for a night and be something other than just . . . liz. Last year I dressed up in THREE different costumes for different occasions. Yeah I was hardcore: mad scientist, pirate, and a 50's girl I think. The mad scientist costume with Jane was an ultimate favorite:
yup, our beakers had dry ice in them . . . talk about legit

And this is a favorite picture of me and jane . . . I feel like it just catches our personalities perfectly on camera. Love you jane!


This year I was a bee! I thought it was really funny because of the wasp infestation we've had in the lab (see my first post . . .) but I think I was the only one who thought it was hilarious haha. Also I just love cheap homemade costumes. For instance, my wings were found in the family costume box so FREE for me, a yellow shirt and some electrical tape and you're in business! I think I was kind of a fun bee, but we'll let you judge for yourselves:
Mandy and I at her halloween party. She was a butterfly!

Willie! This picture is so us I just love it.

I was sad that I missed the fam's partying (cuz rumor has it that my Pops was spiderman!) but all in all I feel like it was a pretty fabulous halloween :)

No comments: