Monday, February 27, 2012

Home

My dad is a gifted writer. His email this morning expressed something I would never be able to express in words, so I wanted to share it.

"We sometimes wonder where our home is—it isn't really on Howey Drive since we're not there. It isn't really here, either.  Our home is really in our connection to each other, wherever we are, in whatever circumstances we are. Our home is carried by these words, and by all of the love and memories and words and hopes and dreams of our hearts. Our home is solid and secure and lasting. It is not dependent upon our being in any timezone or place of residence, or even in mortality or on the other side of the veil. Our home, and the love that fills it, is one of the greatest blessings of our lives.  I love you all so much, and in this moment, I am home with you!"

I believe this with all my heart.  I am grateful for my home :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

I almost cried while reading this. I love your parents.LOVE THE GIBBONS FAM!