Monday, February 1, 2010

what happy news!

hey guys!! so i can't believe abby's engaged! CRAZY! i'm so so happy though. what a wonderful thing. as soon as sister morriss called me to tell me she had an email for me BEFORE monday, i was like, "oh is my sister engaged??" haha "well do you want me to tell you before you see it?" "it's ok sister morriss, i know that's what it is" "yeah she's engaged!" haha good times. cute cute pics. i need to hear a more detailed account though! sounds like ryan is a champ so i welcome him with open arms! you better keep me well updated on the planning and everything since i'm missing out :) so CONGRATULATIONS!! i was just taking some pics in the library to send abby to somehow convey my excitement. the guy next to me gave me a weird look when i took the creepy one captioned "my little sister's getting married!" haha i'm such a creepo.

i feel like my news is insignificant after that big announcement, but i'll try my best. it's been a good week. my other 2/3rds are feeling much better. i was PRETTY pleasant but not perfectly so. ;) by sunday night i was just worn out!! now i understand a little more what motherhood is all about :) sis eria had a root canal on thursday...her first experience with laughing gas...HILARIOUS. she was giggling up a storm and quoting the testaments. "you are a spector from the gods!" hygienist: "what did she say???" "jacob, don't deny me your gifts!!" hahaha i was dying. "don't mourn me for my friend, death is not the end of life" oh man. what a crack-up.

sad news of the week: [H] and [C]'s mom put a stop on the whole thing. we can't even teach them now. breaks my heart, but there's nothing we can do.

good news of the week: [D] is still chugging along! he committed to PRAY! wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles. he could be baptized at any time so pray for him!! i'm sure it's boring to hear about him because every week it's the same thing "he's coming along!" and that's it. but i really feel like he will be baptized soon.

that's about all i can think of. we had zone conference which is always amazing! i got to go to the front (along with the other jan and feb birthdays) as everyone sang the seattle birthday song for us! hilarious. i'll have to sing it for you when i get home, complete with clapping and hand motions. after almost 10 months i've finally got it down. ah the best times are on the mission. i just love everything about what i'm doing. i'm very very happy. near the beginning of my mission i was almost worried because i thought "oh when it's time to go home, i don't think it'll be that hard, i think it'll be exciting!" and now that i'm watching s. eria and s. bush on their last transfer, i realized i'm going to have a TOUGH time saying goodbye. not that i need to think about that right now of course. well i have 4 minutes before it shuts me down but i'll log back in to send a picture...LOVE YOU ALL!!

sister gibbons

No comments: