Tuesday, May 26, 2009

another great week!

“everything's going great! the Lord has blessed us so much! we got a referral from a realtor for a couple that he helped buy a house in our ward. we went over and met [*] and [*] on saturday, and [*] is SO ready for the gospel. he was basically saying he wanted to change his life around, have more faith in Jesus Christ, and improve his relationships with his family, and he wanted us to tell him how! they couldn't come to church on sunday because they were going out of town, but they asked us if they could come next week. of course!! [*] got really emotional during our lesson and it was such a great experience! he's a trucker and even said something about being willing to quit his job if it interfered with changing his life around. what a champ!

“My favorite experience of the week happened with [*]. it was our first exchange where i stayed in our area and sis bush left. so i was driving! i feel like i know our area a LOT better now after having to drive it! so yeah [*] had cancelled our appt for Thurs (which was sad) and we had a cancellation Friday night, so I decided Sis Yura and I should drop in on [*] in case she was home. she was there and invited us in (she is so great!! 26 yrs old, single with a 5 yr old boy, so happy even though she's gone through hard things) and we taught her the whole restoration (which i was not expecting! without sister bush and sis yura who is still learning english!). she had LOTS of questions. after hearing about the Restoration and being challenged to read the B of M, she still had the does any of this matter? doesn't it just matter that we believe in Christ? I know the Spirit helped me answer her questions because I'd never really thought about her particular questions before. it was a miracle and probably my favorite experience so far. after I answered her questions, i again challenged her to read the Bof M and pray and she said DEFINITELY! she was excited. ah it was so great! I can't wait to see her again.

“we had zone conference this week. it was awesome!! pres moffat and the assistants spoke a lot and it made me way excited to be better and improve! everyone is asked to write a 5 min talk on a subject, then president reads them all in the morning, then calls on 2 missionaries to speak . . . and he asked me to give my talk!! i think because i was one of 2 missionaries there that were new. it was a cool opportunity. i felt like it was a little random and scattered, but i enjoyed bearing my testimony.”

* Liz asked me not to include the names of her investigators!

No comments: