Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THANKSGIVING!!

I had an amazing thanksgiving! We just had a quiet shindig at home, but the whole fam was there! It was especially fun since the Bosters have recently moved to Idaho. (we miss you guys!) They showed up a day early and surprised us all which was fun. What more could you want in a weekend? family, good food, JAMES, and lots of christmas movies :) As Gibbons family tradition has it, we always watch "White Christmas" Thanksgiving night to open up the Christmas season. I never let myself get TOO excited about Christmas until we watch it. I also got to see Michelle and meet her fiancee! Even though she whooped us in power scrabble, I'm not still bitter. Too bad I got sick too though :( my cough makes me sounds like an old man who has smoked his whole life. But I guess there could be worse things huh?

Here are a few pics of the weekend including some from our family photo shoot! I don't have it with me, but I will soon post PROOF that me and my momma went shopping at 4 am the day after Thanksgiving . . . something I didn't think would ever happen. It's kind of a goofy story since we didn't buy anything, we just needed the security tag removed from a shirt we bought on Wednesday so I could wear it in the family pics. We DID get free snow globes though, so that combined with the memories made it well worth it hehe :) a picture to come of our 4 am loveliness!

Getting the food ready! Dad's apron is the best: "Grill a Judge"


Some quality play time with the boy, gives me a good excuse to do the things i secretly want to do anyway, like put baskets on top of my head :)

THE FAM!

"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters!" haha White Christmas reference . . .

our little josh is all grown up now!


the sibs complete with jonathan!

my parents looking "young, modern, and popular" ;) but seriously! what a handsome couple!!


Well those pictures mostly sum up what I am thankful for this thanksgiving, the wonderful people in my life, especially my family! The past few weeks I've reflected a lot about the people that mean a lot to me and how much joy I get from my relationships with them.

2 comments:

J said...

I just love you Liz. Your family pictures are so cute. Oh and I love your new hair ideas.

Preston and Angie said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving! We need to play during Christmas break! We'll be in Salt Lake a lot, so we'll coordinate :)